how to make these super easy homemade Twix cookies! These are absolutely delicious
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter , softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
5 ounces caramels , unwrapped
2 tablespoons whole milk
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth then add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and cut into 3″ circles with a cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in preheated oven then cool completely.
- Microwave caramels and milk in the microwave for 30 seconds and mix until smooth.
- Add one teaspoon of caramel sauce to each cookie.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Add a teaspoon of melted milk chocolate to each cookie.
- Let chocolate harden before serving.